BW Integrated Systems’ patent pending Fortis High-Level Bulk Depalletizers automatically remove empty containers from pallets and feed them into production lines. Fortis employs a unique method for handling dunnage, bringing the consolidated dunnage down to floor level for easy robotic separation. Our robotic dunnage handling system separates layer pads, top frames, and pallets to meet supplier needs. Fortis is designed to operate in a 24-hour/day production environment and easily handles empty steel, aluminum, and PET containers.
Fortis utilizes high-speed servo-driven sweep bars that work together to provide gentle handling and secure containment during the sweeping operation. To remove dunnage materials, the dunnage pick head removes the top frame and layer pads between layer sweeps and then stores them in the sheet tray until all containers are removed from the pallet. The stack of layer pads and the top frame are then deposited onto the empty pallet and sent to floor level. Layer pads, the top frame, and the pallet are conveyed out from the hoist to the robotic dunnage handling system. Dunnage materials are then placed into separate stacks for floor-level removal. The dunnage area can be configured in various ways based on client needs.
- Robust 4-chain servo drive hoist
- Dual servo-drive sweep bars
- Servo-driven primary dunnage pick head with vacuum cups for layer pad handling and grippers for top frames
- Servo-driven sheet tray
- Multiple layer pad grippers
- Robotic dunnage handling system with separate hoppers for layer pads, top frames, and pallets
- All electric/pneumatic operation
- Automatic sheet leveler for transition to accumulator
- Recipe-driven servo positioning for layer pad grippers
Contact our experienced sales teams today for a comprehensive review of your application(s) and to see how our patent pending Fortis Bulk Depalletizers can benefit your company.