Fleetwood’s Robotic Tray Systems (RTS) provide distribution and accumulation of shells to maximize line efficiency in the can end manufacturing process. Infeed and discharge rates, as well as the number of lanes, are balanced as needed by the robot. Removable trays are used store overproduction or as additional supply for underproduction based on the needs of upstream and downstream equipment. The RTS handles the highest line speeds and efficiency demands of the market.
Can End / Can Lid Handling
Fleetwood’s Robotic Tray Systems efficiently handle the distribution of shells and isolates upstream from downstream production. Infeed lanes separate sticks of ends by length and the robot transfers the sticks to either storage trays or discharge lanes based on product demand. Trays are stacked as they are filled and can be stored outside of the RTS to build-up product inventory that is put back into the RTS when needed to maintain production flow.
Fleetwood’s robust low-cost plastic trays allow plants to maintain product inventory with less capital investment year after year. Product type or color changeover is reliably handled by the system to isolate primary from secondary product and maintain production. With optional automatic product change marker detection operators can focus on changeover in other areas of the line. The RTS system is built for the demands of 24/7 operation and driven by Fleetwood’s user-friendly control system. All Fleetwood equipment is designed around the same customer focused, reliable, and innovative approach that has made us a leader in the can end market since 1956.
- Low maintenance requirements
- Robust low-cost HDPE plastic stackable product trays for customer inventory
- Air hold-ups and servo-controlled stick handling of shells with minimal pressure and product contact
- Reliable product/color change and isolation functionality
- Easy product visibility and accessibility
- User-friendly Allen-Bradley PLC control system
- Custom lane quantity configurations and system layouts
- Automatic product/color change marker detection
- Color change QC sample drawer for product inspection and reintroduction
- Secondary tray handling system for single system dual color operation
- Indexing table for dual product production on separate machines
- Counting and tracking systems for tray stack shell counts and daily production information
- Siemens PLC control system
Contact our experienced sales teams today for a comprehensive review of your application(s) and to see how our Fleetwood Robotic Tray Systems can benefit your company.