BW Integrated Systems’ Destrappers operate at the infeed line to a Depalletizer and automatically remove the plastic holding straps from pallets of cans, glass, PET bottles, and more. Once the strap is removed, the system advances the load to the next station for top frame removal and/or Depalletizing, while the straps are processed in a granulator.
- Reduced labor costs - eliminates the need for an operator to remove and feed straps into a chopper before infeed to the Depalletizer
- Simple controls allow an operator to set the machine and leave it unattended for extended periods of operation
- The pneumatic and electrical operating system consumes very little power
- Razor sharp knives cut straps into fine, 1/4” or smaller granules for easy disposal and recycling
- Pallet load heights can vary as much as 24” and still be accommodated
- Cutting head assembly and other areas of the machine are easily accessed for cleaning and maintenance
- Variations for 4, 5, 6 and 8-strap configurations
- Improves safety by removing a hazardous process from human hands, as tensioned straps do not need to be cut with a knife or sheers
Additional features include strap detection, quick disconnect sensors, Panel-view touch-screen with diagnostics, and a strap granulator with two disposable options (either gravity unloading into a recycle box or removal via a vacuum/blower to a relocated recycle box).
Variations for 4, 5, 6, and 8-strap configurations